If you are a U.S. citizen who wants to bring your foreign national fiancé(e) to the United States to be married, you will need to file a Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). This is the first step to obtaining a K-1 nonimmigrant visa for your fiancé(e). The K-1 nonimmigrant visa is also known as a fiancé(e) visa.
In order to obtain a K-1 fiancé(e) visa, you and your fiancé(e) must intend to marry each other within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the U.S as a K-1 nonimmigrant. Your marriage must be valid, meaning both you and your fiancé(e) have a bona fide intent to establish a life together and the marriage is not for the sole purpose of obtaining an immigration benefit.
If your fiancé(e) marries you within 90 days of being admitted to the United States as a K-1 nonimmigrant, he or she may apply for lawful permanent resident status in the United States (a Green Card).
Armstrong Law Offices PLLC can evaluate your case to determine whether you are eligible and how best to proceed.

Please read our blog
for immigration updates.

Subscribe Form


8480 Honeycutt Road
Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27615

The information on this Armstrong Law Offices PLLC website is provided for informational purposes only.

It is not offered as and does not constitute legal advice.

Please see our full legal disclaimer.